Half-full Kettle of Water

By Myth Reid - August 29, 2013

Muffled thoughts of endless uncertainties. Wrench and jackhammers destroying the insides. An instrumental playing like smoothest torture. Noises from everywhere wreak further havoc.

There's always a time for sadness. It's like heating a half-full kettle of water, when boiled, it gets out screaming. You can't silence it because kettles are created chanteuses. To question its ability to sing is to dispute the heart's innate ability to beat.

Only a couple hours ago, my heart was filled with happiness. Happiness may even be a misnomer. Perhaps, it was ecstasy. Or maybe, it was joy. For quite a moment, I was a happy half-full kettle of water until out of the blue, some devils tried heating me from right under. Sadness, once and for all, took over.


However, I am not desperate about my situation right now. No one should be. What I learned in life is that sadness passes in the same manner that happiness does. John Green said that when we try to minimize our pain, we're doing ourselves a disservice. So if you feel sad, feel it. Don't dismiss it.

I'm not celebrating sadness, though. This is my way of acknowledging it. Acknowledgement is the first way to alleviate suffering. I wanted to make the most out of it too, to impart learning and give back inspiration. If your reading this, thank you. Thank you for letting me.

I care.

Together, let's glow in the dark. Together, let us become sweetness and light. 


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments