Watched And Listened

By Myth Reid - January 06, 2014

I watched the earth in its pitch blackness
with the sky embellished with scintillating stars.

I watched them glimmer at me
as I breathed the freshest breeze of dawn.

I watched the sky slowly lose the stars
and turn into a bluish darkness.

I listened to the haphazard crowing of the kings of each mornings.
Some vivid, some muffled by the distance.

I listened to what seemed like struggling of birds.
Because in the darkness, you can only imagine.

I watched the sky turn into a clearer blue
until a rooster, from its beak to its feet, become visible.

I watched the earth brighten;
Albeit the sun yet unseen.

The the night is now the morning.
I watched and listened to a new beginning unfolding.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments