Blue Skies

By Myth Reid - April 05, 2016

I didn't watch it begin. 
I didn't realize it was to have a beginning. 
I didn't know it was going to be some story.
I didn't notice it was actually already beginning. 
But it began.
It began somewhere.
It began some time. 
It began because we see.
It began because we feel.
It began because we sense.
It began because we're not always rational.

We act on pure impulse.
We make arbitrary moves to satisfy a moment.
We make a move  to quench the thirst for all the love we didn't receive.
Why can't we get love from a water dispenser? 
Why can't we just twist a faucet open so we can guzzle our way to satiation? 
Why don't wells overflow with it?

I watched it go on. 
It was all glass windows nobody bothered to clean. 
I wanted to wipe it to give things a chance to clear up. 
But you were grapevine gossips. 
You were muffled gunshots. 
You were nothing but noises behind a wall I was left trying to figure out. 
I was an incompetent detective unable to make sense of the puzzle pieces. 
You were a game of tetris that promised a chaotic build-up.

I watched it fade. Like sunset pastels transitioning into evening greys. 
Like leaves drying up through summer. 
Like ink on paper antiquated by time. 
Spaces appeared more than actual lines. 
Broken lines have stopped meeting. 
Meetings committed all shoved to oblivion. 
Oblivion seeming to be the most convenient option.

I watched it end. 
It wasn't raining then, but the sky was obviously blue.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments